Friday, November 6, 2009

My God is more important,

The first step I've taken on this spiritual journey is getting completely rid of my biggest hinderance, Jim. I've found that he was the thing that was holding me back from God the most. It was and will be hard to just leave him behind, forget him, but it's something I have to do.
Dear Jim,
I fear that I've loved you too much. I've devoted most of my time to you rather than to God. Which is something I never should have done. I kept telling myself that I could change you, but I realize now that I was wrong. I brought myself down to your level to bring you up to mine. In the process of doing so I let my guard down, lost friends, and fell into love. Stupid me. I've disregarded the fact that you were the biggest hinderance between myself and God and stayed with you. I didn't want believe that what people said was true, so I kept putting it off and telling them that I loved you too much to just give you up just because you ignore me, yell at me or get mad at me for the stupidest things. And I was right, I did love you too much. Jim, I see now that you will never change, I see that you were never meant to change. God put you into my life as a trial, a trial I nearly didn't pass because I was foolish enough to believe that I didn't need God nearly as much as I needed you. How could I be so ignorant? You meant alot to me, but I have to let you go now. My God is more important.
Goodbye.

4 comments:

Alexandria. said...

So Haley, I have to say, I'm glad that you have finally come to this realization. He was more of a hindrance than anything,,, but now you have to actually say goodbye to him. You aren't doing a very good job. Need some help? As you know, I'm very good at getting rid of people in my life,,, but that's a horse of a different color. Keep me updated on the goings on in your life, well, when I get some minutes. Love you regardless of Jim, well, I'm getting back to that point =D....

CheyPie said...

I love you Halo. :)

Tom

Anonymous said...

:)~ Love you~ Abria

Anonymous said...

Dear haley, I love you so very much, and am glad you got rid of jim,and got jordan. He's awesome and I like Him too. He's perfect for you. I have seen too many thins happen to you lately and I am just glad you found each other. My heart goes to you in this time of joyious festivities.I know we are not ass close as I would like us to be,but we are like sisters anyway. We have been forever.I am praying for you to make the right decisions for your life.love allison